Meet the Team
Most of our team have worked together for years, providing a consistent approach to care delivery and continuity.
meet the team
At the heart of Northcourt Lodge Nursing Home in Reading is our amazing team of carers. Many of the team have worked together for years, providing a consistent approach to care delivery and continuity.
We are aware that the home’s staff will always play a very important role in residents’ welfare. As such we will always ensure that we employ staff in sufficient numbers and with the relevant mix of skills to meet residents’ needs.
Recruitment and training are key to creating a successful team. We will provide appropriate staff with qualifications in health and social care and observe recruitment policies and practices which both respect equal opportunities and protect residents’ safety and welfare.
We offer our staff a range of training which is relevant to their induction, foundation experience and further development to ensure that they continue to deliver market-leading care based on best practice.
Management and Administration
We know that the leadership of the home is critical to all its operations. To provide leadership of the quality required, we will do the following:
- Always engage as registered manager a person who is qualified, competent and experienced for the task.
- Aim for a management approach which creates an open, positive and inclusive atmosphere.
- Install and operate effective quality assurance and quality monitoring systems.
- Work to accounting and financial procedures which safeguard residents’ interests.
- Offer residents appropriate assistance in the management of their personal finances.
- Supervise all staff and voluntary workers regularly and carefully.
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records on all aspects of the home and its residents.
- Ensure that the health, safety and welfare of residents and staff are promoted and protected.
“Revathy has been with Northcourt Lodge for the past 13 years, the past 10 as our Care Home Manager.
She leads, mentors and supports our wonderful care team, ensuring that the deliverance of care is second to none.”
“Jenny is our talented Chef at Northcourt Lodge who has been working with us for the past 15 years to ensure residents enjoy a varied menu whilst focusing on their nutritional needs.
Please feel free to come in to try our food!”
“Known as the beautiful one by our residents’ families!
Gyanu is passionate about delivering person-centered and relationship focused dementia care.”
“Lisy is one of our dedicated and experienced Clinical Leads. This involves administering medication and supporting senior carers and carers to ensure residents receive person-centred care in accordance with their assessed needs and plans of care.”
“Yadwiga joined the home as our Housekeeper, she ensures we maintain a clean, orderly and attractive home.
She cares passionately about maintaining the high standards of housekeeping at Northcourt Lodge.”
“Karna works alongside several members of the care team at Northcourt Lodge to ensure that we deliver the highest standards of care we can.”
“Ileana is our breath of fresh air who puts our residents at the heart of everything she does. She gets to bring new experiences to the residents and plays a large part in creating the friendly, open and supportive environment that is so important to our happy home.”